Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Fine. I'll think about it. And cry.

So, I'm going to Kazakhstan. Now that I'm in Washington, D.C., that reality is much more in-my-face. It's been quite the day. I got in one more (much shorter) run with my dad before my parents and I drove to Denver. During lunch there, I managed to dump bbq beef brisket on my shirt and pants - perfect timing, since there's a chance I won't see a washing machine for years. No better time than the present to perfect the art of hand washing clothes, right? And I got in a bit of practice closing the flood gates of tears. Unfortunately, I can't say this is a skill I always possess. Say one word to me, and I could burst out in tears. I figure, I'm leaving people I love, places I know, and surroundings I (normally) understand. Bawling is ok. Thankfully, initial goodbyes seem to be the toughest. So for now, no Kleenexes are necessary. I'll let you know if that holds true over the next few weeks.

4 comments:

  1. A big hug for you!!! We are praying for your transition!
    Love ya,
    M & D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise! I heard you made it half way across the world and that you are starting classes. I miss you, but want you to know that I have been thinking and praying for you a lot. Everytime I look at or cover myself with the blanket you made it reminds me of you. (Which I will be honest is alot because it is drapped over a chair in my living room:) I know things are busy and transitions are hard, but you do have many people thinking and praying for you.
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey D,

    Sounds like you made it safely. Let the adventure begin, uh? I know culture shock is hard and it's difficult being away from friends and family. God is good. On my momma....on my LIFE God is good. God bless you!

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello dear Denise,
    You have been on my mind. I know you are probably going through 20 different emotions right now but always know you are in God's hands. Can you think of a BETTER place to be? In God's hands, in His will, in His perfect plan for you.
    I am praying for you sweetie- if you have specific requests just email them to dvisme@toast.net or dvick@rawhide.org.
    I watched a show last night that had this line in it, to INVITE God to be with us. Isn't that a special and precious thought? So I am going to invite Him into my day today and hope you too will start each day inviting Him to be a part in it.
    Take care dear and keep your 'armour' on.
    Having a 'cuppa' of tea and praying for you,
    Your sister (albeit much older!) sister in Jesus,
    Daun

    ReplyDelete