Friday, July 17, 2009

Headed Home

Two weeks ago I finished packing up my room at Rawhide to begin my journey home (aka, Nebraska). Thank goodness for Kaitlyn’s help. If she hadn’t packed up half my room, I could still be there, trying to figure out how tightly everything would fit. See, I was bound and determined to fit everything in my Toyota Corolla. Problem is, I moved to Wisconsin in a minivan. While I may not be a chronic packrat, I still managed to accumulate stuff while there. So, after a worried / frustrated call home (can’t mothers fix everything, even through a phone?!), I decided I would indeed not be able to fit it all. May God pour many blessings on friends who have room in their basement. :)

On July 3rd, I started off with what could be my last cheese blintzes from Blueberry Hill Pancake House and a Starbucks drink made specially by my dear friend Molly. I’d need some good food and drink for the 1000 mile drive. With minimal stops, I made it (in around 15 hours) for the last bit of Sidney’s Third of July fireworks. (Someone should tell the city about the holiday we celebrate on July 4th.) You could say I’d had enough time behind the wheel for a while. But by golly, I was home, and I’m glad to be here.


No comments:

Post a Comment